Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween

This pic dedicated to my black fluff-kitten, Maxine (although she's a lot prettier). I hope it warms up a bit for All Hallow's Eve. Even though I've squandered my vacation days (I'm so-o-o tired of working 2nd shift) and can't stay home to greet trick-or-treaters, I hate to think of them out begging in this cold and windy weather. Trick-or-treaters are some of my favorite things, right up there with "whiskers on kittens". I don't even mind the barely-costumed teenagers, as long as they're civil. The past couple of years I've had several groups of such, all giggly and looking a bit embarrassed, but very pleasant. All the little kids are well-chaperoned, by parents or older siblings. The last few years seem to be bringing much greater numbers of Dad-chaperones, all of whom seem to be having a great time with the whole thing. I'm so sorry I'll be missing it this year.

No comments: